Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saving Time in the Kitchen

If you are anything like me, you are a busy mom, who doesn't always have the time to slave over the stove. Here are a few tips I use that might help you cut some time in the kitchen in half.

1. I buy my ground meat in bulk. So when I get home from the grocery store and everything is put away. I fry my whole entire 5 lbs of meat at once. Then put them in 1-2lb freezer containers, so when ever I need to make spaghetti,tacos or chili, just defrost the cooked meat and throw it in your dish.
2. Cut your vegetables when you get home from the store. If you buy onions or peppers and you are going to use them in a casserole or dish that week. Go ahead and chop them up and put them in a freezer bag and toss in your freezer , just defrost the morning of your dish.
3. Clean while you cook. As my dishes get dirty while I cook, I go ahead and throw them in the dishwasher. If your dish is in the oven , go ahead and clean your stove top.

These are a few of the things I do...if you have any other ideas please comment ...I would love to hear from you!                                                                    Enjoy God's Blessings today,
                                                                               Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment