Monday, June 14, 2010

Completing him challenge: week 2

So this week, we are to talk about our "dating"days w/our spouse. Well Rich and I went to the same elementary, middle and high school together and only lived 2miles from each  other most of our childhood. Even though we close in distance, we never once talked to each other in school. We were in different cliques (I'm sure you remember those days). Well I was going through a rough break-up and Rich happened to work with my ex. Rich would come into my place of work, which at that time was a grocery store and we would just chit-chat.Rich was going through a divorce and neither of us were really "looking".  So after about a few months of small talk I was really started to fall for him. (but I never let anyone know). Well one day he came in on a Saturday and I ask him how his Friday night went. He said he went to the movies, uhhh....my heart sank, he had a girlfriend (or though I thought). I said "well who did you go to the movies with?" He said "no one I went by myself". As my heart was leaping for joy , I handed him my phone number and said "Well if you ever want to go to the movies..give me a call." Yes..that actually means I asked him out. So 3 days later he called and it was a date. Our first date was Dairy Queen sharing blizzards. That evening I went home, knowing that he was the "one".  5 weeks later, I went over to his apartment to visit him and he wasn't home so as I was leaving, he pulled up in the driveway w/his friend. He walked out of his car and walked over to me and said " You know I love you right?" I was thinking...okay..here it is ....the break-up conversation and he was too chicken to do it alone ...that is why he's friend is here.  Then he got down on one knee , with a ring in hand and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! We spent the next 18 months preparing for our wedding.
         So we are supposed to think about some of the things we used to do while dating...that have kind of been sent to the back burner and maybe how we can make it a priority again. Here is  one of the things I really miss when we were dating.  We used to go to his apartment and order pizza and watch Bruce Lee movies all night. Yeah I know that sounds corny. But I really miss just sitting on the couch watching a movie with him. Now when we do watch a movie ,we have either kids getting out of bed..needing water, bathroom or they just don't want to sleep. I really need to make just cuddling w/him a priority. That may be simple but that is what I miss the most.

1 comment:

  1. Cuddling is for sure fun! Great story ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete