Monday, July 26, 2010

Completing him Challenge #7

My Husband's Vision

So this week on www.womenlivingwell.org ,this week's challenge is to ask our husband what his vision is for the future. 1 year,5 years or even 10 years from now. My husband's vision is to be COMPLETELY debt free in 6 years...that even includes the mortgage. So I need to help him with this..not by working outside the home, but to make sure that I purchase things for my family that stay within the budget. We downsized our home 4 years ago. We now live in a 1100 sq ft home (there is five of us). We took out a 15 year loan on this home. That means that we can't go to fancy vacations, so Disney world will have to wait. It means that I drive a 2000 dodge caravan. I can't always go out when my friends want to or buy things for my children they want. Am I complaining?...no. I know that he wants out of debt so we can enjoy life and travel later on. He works 60 hours a week to make this vision a reality. I have learned to submit to my husband's vision...Yes I said the bad "S" word. Actually submitting can be a wonderful thing. Knowing that my husband's vision , is also the will of God, makes me know that things are worth waiting for.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great vision and one that will lead to freedom! I think you are married to a smart man!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete