Thursday, July 1, 2010

To be modest or not to be...that is the question.

1 Timothy 2:9 ESV
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire.



Okay so when I saw this I had to laugh....a barbie nun. I think that is the first time I saw this. Modesty. When I used to think of that word I would cringe..The above picture is exactly what I thought when I thought of modesty. Wearing long sleeves..showing NO skin. But that is not what it is. I decided to blog about this because I am seeing so many christian women dressing inappropriately. I'm not saying you can't wear shorts or tank tops but you know what I am talking about. Cleavage, daisy dukes , going bra less..you know you seen those women out and about. If you have to pull up your blouse every time you bend over, you shouldn't be wearing it. Regardless if you are married or not , you are a child of God. Men are visual humans. Yes it can be flattering to have a stranger give you that 'eye' or find you attractive. But what is that doing to your husband or future husband. There are certain areas of your body that you must keep for them. So as a Christian woman what are we to wear? Well that is when you must seek the counsel of God. I myself, choose not to wear a bikini, wear spaghetti strap tank tops, halter tops, short shorts. When it's hot you will find me in shorts that are inch above my knee or mostly Capris. Tank tops with me are fine, as long as I can wear a regular bra with it and it not show.  I wear summer dresses as long as they are fingertip length and they are high neckline in the front and the back. Remember we are supposed to be Christ-like, do you think that we could be ministers of the gospel wearing daisy duke with everything hanging out? Also we are mothers...we are supposed to be setting an example for our daughters. My daughter is almost 9 and I still pick out her clothes. She can wear what she wants but I have the final say and I will until she leaves my house. Mothers with sons..this also applies to you. You are setting the example of how a woman is supposed to dress who has a true relationship with God. If your son comes home with a girl wearing a tight outfit...what would your first impression be? I want my son to look at his future spouse for her love of God,not for her body. So as you put on your summer outfits this year...please remember to dress for the Lord. And leave the sexy outfits for the bedroom;)



1 comment:

  1. I love that you are setting a great example for your daughter and the reminder for moms with boys to remember that they are watching too!

    Thanks for linking up to the MODsquad today!

    ReplyDelete