Saturday, August 21, 2010

Young Love

So something has been bothering me lately. I have a few teenage relatives and friends that have facebook accounts. I am so tired of seeing 15, 13 and 10 year old "children" saying that they are in a 'relationship' and how much they love 'so and so'. Okay I've been there, I have a the 'crush or crushes'. I know what it is like to have "puppy love". But where are the parents? The parents especially the mothers of these girls/boys should be telling them that they do not need a boyfriend/girlfriend to make them happy or popular. In our house we will not date, but practice courtship. I just wish the parents of these children would step in and rescue the spiritual, emotional, and physical damage that these kids are going through. The more they give their heart away to others the less that will be there for their future spouse. Whew...I'm so happy I got that off my mind:)

God Bless, Tina

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you! I remember a well-meaning teacher who asked my 1st grader if she had a boyfriend. Um, NO!!! I pray for wisdom as my girls (9 and 7) encounter these pressures even more in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete